LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park was an amusement park located in Middletown, Ohio. Opening in 1922 as a family picnic and campground, LeSourdsville Lake transformed in the 1940’s to an amusement park with rides, attractions, and an arcade. In 1977, the name was changed to Americana Amusement Park. Following an electrical fire in 1990 that caused over $5 million in damages, the park fell into decline and was eventually closed in 1999. Under new ownership, the park briefly opened again in 2002 returning to the name LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park, but after failed attempts to turn a profit, it closed permanently. The park’s remaining rides and attractions were either demolished or sold.
Middletown, Ohio, resident Edgar Streifthau opened LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park on May 8, 1922. Edgar’s dream was to transform the former ice manufacturing facility in the tiny village of LeSourdsville into an area for residents to enjoy a decent and clean place to picnic and swim with friends and family. Construction began on the park in 1921. Edgar and his business partner, Bill Rothfuss, built a bathhouse, a restaurant, dance hall and a bridge crossing the abandoned Miami-Erie Canal that passed through the property linking the parking lot and the park. They also constructed a concrete bottom in the man-made lake for swimming.